Friday, April 16, 2010

A "Hair Food" Breakfast Drink


I was reading Hype Hair, and I love this magazine. This magazine has so many different hairstyles and tips. This magazine actually gives you a little step by step instruction on how to create the styles you see . Anyway, I read about this hair tonic that I am going to try. This tonic is suppose to include essential vitamins that are needed for healthy hair. I read somewhere, in order to have healthy hair you have to start before it grows. That means giving yourself the vitamins and nutrients to grow hair healthy, not just work on the hair after it has grown. So here are the ingredients...Oh and I am not recommending this until I try it. So if you try it on your own I am not responsible for the results. Well I will try this recipe for Two months and see if I notice any improvement on my hair....
Ingredients:
8 oz Plain Yogurt
8 oz Orange Juice
3 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ
1 Teaspoon of Vitamin C Crystals
1 Raw Egg Yolk
1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin Powder
Honey (for flavor) You don't have to add it.
OK so the recipe in the magazine calls for 1 Tablespoon of Lecithin Crystals, and 3 Tablespoons of Brewers Yeast. I looked up these ingredients and was not sure if I should consume them. First of all Brewers Yeast is not the kind that will cause Yeast infections. It's not related to Candida albicans fungus. I did read it causes side affects like hypertension, and if you have diabetes you should not take it. Well that was enough for me to stay away from it.
Lecithin is already in our body. It's a lipid material made of choline and inositol. This helps nutrients flow in and out our cells. There are natural sources of Lecithin. You ingest it when you eat egg yolk, wheat germ, legumes and more. So I think if I add Wheat Germ I can leave out the Lecithin? Well I am. The side effects are present when you take larger amounts above 10 to 30 grams. Side affects include weight gain, headaches, dizziness, bad breath and more. Yeah to risky for me.

OK so I know how to get eggs, orange juice, unflavored gelatin, honey and plain white yogurt. Where do I find Wheat Germ, and Vitamin C Crystals? Hmmmm So I found out it's at GNC or my local supermarket. Vitamin C Crystals are at GNC as well. Well stay tuned and I'll tell you my results.


8 comments:

  1. Nice pic! Ummmm are u suppose to drink this. You had me until you got to the raw egg yolk. Let me know how it goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am going to drink it. I am starting Sunday April 18th. I will tell you Day One how it Taste!!! You are so funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad u r leaving out the brewers yeast and lecithin. yuck! i guess 1 egg never hurt anybody. ok good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I tried it. I didn't add the Vitamin Crystals yet, but I will with the next batch. I make about 16 oz and dranked about 3 oz. So as far as the taste...On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst ever in life and 10 being Yummy...I am going with a 4. The taste can be so much better if I used flavored yogurt instead of plain. The other ingredients I couldn't tase except the orange juice. My first thought while I was drinking it was ...strawberries would be nice. So I am going to buy flavored yogurt and compare ingredients and see if their is any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewwwwww! this is lil louvenia an omg u already hav great hair , skin tone an everything else an if u ask me u an no other woman needs to take that stuff...but i would like to try it someday too!lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. o an i want to make a blog! wat do u put on here..anything you want? is it like a diary?or do u advertise things?cuz if so u no me im jus gone talk about me delonte an the baby mostly!lol. is this any diffrent from live journal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louvenia you are funny.. You should try it, but use a flavored yogurt or it will be terrible for you. Thanks for the compliment. I will have a website up soon for you to purchase more products, so stay tune.

    ReplyDelete